5 Things to Consider Before Renovating Your Bathroom
Renovating the bathroom is something many homeowners do to update facilities or make the bathroom more functional for a growing family. Many homeowners also renovate bathrooms before selling a property to get heightened buyer interest. As one of the busiest rooms in the house, it’s important you don’t get carried away with the renovation process and get it all wrong. Whilst bathroom renovation may seem exciting at the start, it is important to remember that there are lots of things you need to consider before you get started. It is a time consuming and long-lasting process and you don’t want to be making any mistakes. With that in mind, here are some important things you should be considering before you start a bathroom designs renovation:
- BUDGET: Before you start any renovations in your house you need to work out your total budget as this will allow you to plan the extent of renovations accordingly.
- INSPIRATION: These days there are a lot of different places to get inspiration for your new bathroom design. Internet is full of ideas and you can take inspiration from Instagram, Pinterest, Design blogs, Interior design websites, magazines, and bathroom companies. Taking inspiration is a great way to build a mood board of how you’d like your new bathroom to look. Trust experts for bathroom designs Adelaide.
- ORIGINAL LAYOUT: Understanding the cost of your bathroom renovation is critical. If you’re looking to save money, consider the bathroom’s original design and aim to keep the layout of your new bathroom similar to what currently exists. Complete bathroom renovation Adelaide means replacing positioning of the bath, shower, basin and toilet and that can be really expensive to start with as this will move the existing plumbing and your budget.
- SUSTAINABILITY: Your new bathroom should be sustainable and environment-friendly. It is important to choose energy-efficient fixtures such as an efficient and inexpensive hot water system. The days when you had hot water sitting all day heating in a system are long gone! There are many solar, electric and gas hot water systems available that reduce carbon footprint while supplying your family with continuous hot water 24×7. Additionally, simple greywater systems can also save lots of precious water and money by diverting water used for washing hands and showering straight into the garden. These days there are some fantastic toilet designs available that have a sink on top of the toilet, the water you use to wash your hands is then used to flush the toilet. Explore all options available, it all adds up!
- HIRE A PROFESSIONAL: Bathroom renovations should be best left to professionals who have years of experience and can guide you with expert tips, tricks and money-saving suggestions. There are so many things that can go wrong with a DIY bathroom renovation, but leaks are the most common and damaging. If pipes are not joined and glued correctly, or you don’t have the right equipment, this can slow things down and cause you more expense rather than saving any money. Hire a trusted bathroom renovations Adelaide company and get professional help from builders, architects or renovators before you start lifting any tiles or fixtures. Hiring licensed tradespeople is also important when it comes to plumbing and electrical work which can be easily damaged. Also, any DIY work not done by a licensed plumber is illegal and therefore not covered by insurance. Don’t let your renovation turn in to a nightmare because of this reason.
If you have dreamt of a spacious, modern and versatile bathroom or would like industry-best experts to carry out complete bathroom renovation Adelaide to transform your bathroom into a retreat, give the experts at Package Deal Bathrooms a call today!